Monday, March 10, 2014

Dream Kitchens

All I've been doing lately is decluttering and cleaning, in anticipation of the real estate agent coming to look at the house.  She'll probably have me declutter some more (I like to think of it as collections and decor, not clutter!), but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
 
With the forecast of some warmer weather on the horizon, I'm hoping I can start painting outside or in the garage.  I have a desk waiting for me (along with a stack of other projects) in the garage. We'll see.
 
In the meantime we've been looking at houses online in the area we want to move to.  Since we're downsizing, I haven't been too enthusiastic about any of the kitchens I'm seeing in our price point.  I'll have a budget to update, but it won't be huge, so DIY within my limited capabilities will be involved.  I can do things like paint cabinets and change out hardware.  And I'm really good at directing! 
 
That got me thinking as to what my ideal kitchen is.  For me it's cottage or farmhouse style.
 
A farmhouse sink would be a must.
 



 
 
Some kind of architectural interest like these planked walls or bead board would be nice.
 
 
 
 
 
And while I love all-white kitchens ...
 
 
 
 
These made me swoon as well.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here are some others that caught my eye.
 
 
 
 
 

 
Love the reclaimed wood, corbel and planked ceiling in this one.
 
 
 
 
What does your dream kitchen look like? 
 
 
All photos from BHG

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thank-you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to write a note. Please make sure your email is on your profile if you would like a reply.

-Deborah